Steak and Chimichurri – new paleo recipe!
So as to not to take all the credit, I stole the recipe from this website. It was fantastic! However there are a few changes I would suggest from the original recipe. This is how I made the recipe:
- 2 jalapeño chilis
- 2 cups cilantro
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons juice from 3 to 4 limes
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
Broil the jalapeños on high until blackened on all sides and quite soft, about 5 minutes total. Place them in a small bowl covered with a plate or towel and allow the skins to steam and loosen. Peel, stem, and seed the chilis.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Rub the steaks…
View original post 156 more words